Updates that have been added to the Xref platform and what that means
We’re kicking off 2018 with a number of new platform features that will help assigned company admins to control and manage your Xref account.
In true Xref style, the updates are very simple and easy to implement, but we understand that with anything new comes questions, so we’ve got you covered!
What is an account ‘admin’?
First things first, let's clear up who we’re talking about when we say ‘admin’. This is the person who looks after the management of your Xref account. If you don’t know who this is or are unsure if your company even has one, drop a line to your Xref Customer Success Manager and they’ll be able to help you out.
What can an admin do?
Xref is here to streamline your reference checking process with a super smart platform that’s easy for all to use. But we recognise that by allowing all users the same rights and access, you can occasionally come unstuck. So, we’re giving admins more power!
From now on, they will be able to….
Add or deactivate users, edit user details and reset passwords
- If you want to add a new user to your account, there’s no need to go via your Customer Service Manager, simply plug them in via the platform.
- Occasionally staff will resign, leaving you with an used user account. Now you can deactivate them, straight from the employer app.
- Your busy teams will always have better things to remember than their account details and passwords. So your admin can help them update or change this information directly.
Create and assign new criteria, and set restrictions around access and edit rights
- You should be creating tailored and strategic criteria for every role. Now you can, quickly and easily, without the need for Xref input.
- We understand you might not want everyone to have sight of the criteria for every role. No problem, you can restrict access to only those that need to know.
Define access for criteria and questionnaires
- Ever received a report back with unfamiliar questions and, therefore, unhelpful responses? Or are you creating criteria for a very specific role that you don’t want to see used elsewhere? Manage your criteria and questionnaires, by defining access rights where necessary.
I’m not an admin, is there anything in this latest update for me?
Yes, great news - all Xref users will benefit from our latest platform update as we have also now introduced the ability to request a reference based on a questionnaire alone. No need to create set criteria for every role, if all you need is the answers to your reference questions.
When can an admin start using these new features?
Now! All these features have now been added to the platform and can be used to manage your Xref references.