General FAQs About Xref
Got a burning question about Xref or online reference checking in general? Check out some of the most frequently asked questions from our clients.
How does Xref work?
Step 1: The candidate shares details of their referees.
Step 2: The candidate’s referees receive an email linking to your questionnaire, on the Xref platform.
Step 3: Referees submit the required information and you are alerted once a reference has been completed.
You will also be able to track the progress of the reference check throughout the process, with real-time updates in the Xref platform.
What industry or type of hiring is Xref best for?
We provide a service that can be utilised by every industry and every hiring requirement. From NFPs and charitable organisations that benefit from the hiring audit trail Xref offers; to retailers who can do their due diligence on high-volume seasonal hires quickly and with confidence; and large enterprises who require very specific questions to be asked of their executive-level hires.
What is the difference between using Xref and outsourcing reference checks?
Unlike outsourced reference checking providers, we don’t simply take the phone-based approach and call referees for you. We provide the software that allows employers to request, collect and securely store written reference checks online.
Why should I use Xref instead of a cheaper reference checking software?
Robust reference checking requires reliable software. There are many benefits to using the Xref reference checking tool; we’ve listed the most significant ones below:
- ISO certified: Xref is ISO 27001 certified, offering globally compliant data collection and storage, an assurance not offered by all reference checking software.
- Integrates with ATS: Xref integrates with some of the world’s leading HR and ATS platforms and delivers tailored data insights.
- Software legacy: Xref has more than a decade of automated reference checking experience. This arms our team with a wealth of insights that help to educate users on the best practices of reference checking.
- User reviews: Unbiased, independent reviews on G2, Capterra and Google validate user satisfaction and the ability of the Xref tool to solve a client’s hiring needs. Xref excels on each of these platforms with a leading position and high satisfaction ratings.
- Security: When it comes to data protection, Xref takes the highest security measures to ensure that the candidates’ and referees’ data is safe from unauthorised access.
- Ease and simplicity: Xref is easy to set up and simple to use for recruiters, candidates and referees.
- Customer support: The Xref customer support team offer support, training, guidance and best-practice tips to help recruiters with their reference checks.
How is everyone kept updated on the progress of a reference?
One of the main benefits of automated reference checking vs traditional methods is the convenience and transparency it offers.
- Candidates - rather than being left in the dark, candidates are notified when the reference is started and completed, alleviating any stress or anxiety.
- References - the online nature of Xref allows references to provide feedback at a time that suits them - whether it’s during a break between other tasks, on their phone or tablet during their commute, or outside business hours.
- Employers - using the dashboard on their Xref account, employers can keep track of the progress of all references. They too are informed if a reference has not yet been completed, and can liaise with candidates to resolve the issue quickly.
Can I try Xref for free?
Yes, we’d love you to give Xref a go. Sign up for a free Xref Lite account and you’ll be able to reference your first candidate with a complimentary credit from us. Click here to get started.
You may also be interested in:
- FAQs on Managing Xref Requests
- FAQs About Setting Up an Xref Account
- FAQs About the Xref Reference Checking Questionnaire